Friday, October 3, 2008

So, I finally saw the house of the guy I'm kind of dating...

But first a few things...

If you have a facebook, myspace, or other social networking account look at this hilarious article.



If you want to know why we are in the financial crisis look here. (Hint: it's not Wall Street greed, lack of corporate oversight, or even President Bush.)



Didn't watch the debate? Just watch this clip.

Ok, so as I was saying, I finally saw the house of the guy I'm kind of dating. It's always a bit trepidatious on the way over to a guys house for the first time. SO many things run through your mind: Will he have a huge poster of Pamela Anderson on the wall as his only attempt at decorating? Will he have a huge plasma TV but only a futon or Luv Sac to sit on? And will the bathroom be sanitary enough to use? How many game consoles will be littering the floor with all of their various controls? One never knows when gentlemen are left to there own devices.

I turned the corner onto his street. On my left were little dumpy, ghetto apartments with chipped paint and rusty handrails along the stairs. On my right were some fairly new looking and pretty cute town homes. I frantically looked down at my directions. The first complex on the right. Phew, that was a close one.

I walked up the front walk and knocked on the door. There was actually a welcome mat. As I walked inside I was pleasantly surprised. Two new looking leather couches (typical bachelor, but not bad) with actual throw pillows. AND THERE WERE PLANTS. And actual photographs on the walls, that I think were taken by him on all of his various outdoor adventures. And the carpet had vacuum lines...VACUUM LINES. That means he ran the vacuum at some point recently. Maybe only in preparation for my visit, but still. The bathroom was cleaner than mine currently is. Best of all he had a Diet Coke for me. Totally adorable.

Needless to say, I was relieved to find his dwelling place to be clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. I would post pictures, but I felt weird asking him if I could take pictures to post on my blog- ha ha!

2 comments:

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Yeah for vaccum lines!! Yesterday I got in fight with a guy that was trying to get me to register to vote (as a democrat), you would have been proud.

Becky said...

You are so funny! I love reading your blog!Tell me more about this guy!