Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do you wanna hang out?

So I went on a date with a guy a while ago and didn't hear from him. I thought he was cool, so I was a little disappointed. Today out of the blue he calls. "Do you have plans tonight?" he asks.

"Actually I do," I say, "I'm going with a group to make tin foil dinners, plus I have homework and the gym at some point."

"Do you want to ditch?" he asks. No not really, I think.

"Well," I say, "They already paid for my food and are planning on me being there. And I can't really ditch homework. Why what do you have in mind?" I say this thinking that if he wants me to ditch my friends, who I really enjoy hanging out with and I'm not inclined to flake out on, that he must have a really cool date planned. Drum roll please.....

"Well I was just thinking maybe you could come over and we could hang out," he says.

Really. Hang out? You are 33 and "hang out" is the best you can come up with? You want me to ditch a fun activity to hang out??!! I know I sound like a brat, but everyone knows that when a guy asks you to hang out he really means come over and make out. He's taken me on one date, haven't spoken to him for days and I'm supposed to ditch the friends for what? Some mediocre make out sesh with a guy I couldn't possibly know I like? If you want the pleasure of my company, I need incentive, or least a little notice. Like call me the day before (at least) and say "Hey, do you want to ________" (insert fun activity or good restaurant name here).

I guess I'm just not the hang out kind of girl.

5 comments:

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Can you please email me the name of this individual? I'm curious george.

Liliya said...

wow haha. Good job girl, you show him who is the boss!

The Draper's said...

So i love reading your blog. it makes my day!

youngwomen said...

Way to CTR! HaHa! Which guy was this?

Becky said...

I don't blame you! A gorgeous girl like you deserves a better line than that. I hope you didn't go!