Sunday, October 19, 2008

busy, busy

I have been a busy girl with no time to post. Between school and socializing I barely have time to shower! Last weekend a group of us went to see an 80's band in Salt Lake. They dress up like Revenge of the Nerds and cover tons of 80's songs. Jayson was the only guy...I think he felt like a pimp. Ha ha! The picture below is Me, Jayson, Erikka and Kallie.
This is the four of us girls: Me, Erikka, Kallie and Lindsay. They are so nice! The first ward activity we had they invited me to come hang out and play games at their apartment. The rest is history!


A couple weekends ago Heather (my old roommate who just moved out. Boo!) and her friend Jillian went to Park City to shop at the outlets. It was super cold and rainy, but we didn't care because we found amazing deals. Heather got a purse at the Coach outlet, I got a way cute dress at J. Crew and a denim pencil skirt at GAP and Jillian got some sweaters at Banana Republic. Then we stopped at Chili's for some much needed sustenance after a long day of shopping.


Jillian and Heather

Every Tuesday a group in our ward gets together to do something: a movie, games, etc. Last week it was Karaoke. The song list wasn't great. Usually I do Britney Spears, but that wasn't available. After scouring the list for a good song I saw Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond. I thought, "I know that song. I've heard it a hundred times." Turns out I only know the chorus. And the key it was in was way too low for me. All in all it was a disaster. Regardless we had a good time!


Below: Me, Jared, Kallie and Jayson at Karaoke




This past week I decided to have a party to get excited about Fall. I made homemade soup and corn muffins, sugar cookies, caramel apples, and pumpkin trifle. Lots of people came and it was way fun! I think I found a new hobby: party hostess! I learned it all from my mom who has mad skills.

My roommate took pictures of me while I was baking.

This is my roommate Sarah and my friend Anesha. Anesha is in grad school with me at BYU. Both of these girls make me laugh everyday!

Me and Anesha


These are all people in my ward (left to right):Kristin, Jared, Lindsay, Kimber, Andrew. They were all watching the BYU game and were all depressed when BYU got spanked by TCU. Luckily, I don't care about sports!

This is the table that is kind of set up. Almost everything you see on the table was totally devoured. All the rolls, all the soup, tons of cookies, and even almost the whole veggie tray! College kids can put down some food.

More people from my ward: Ashley, Kyle, and Daniel

On Sunday, I posted video of me singing, but didn't write anything about it. I'm singing for a ward talent show. I had the words in my hand because I agreed to sing on Saturday and then had to perform Monday. On Monday, my power got turned because of a miscommunication with my roommate who moved out. So, I couldn't shower or do my hair or anything. Luckily Kallie, Lindsay and Erikka let me come over and use their bathroom. Thanks girls!

1 comment:

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Check you out! I knew you would be the life of the Provo party!