Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So dating has been pretty lame lately.  I have gone out with this guy a few times who is a bit older.  I thought, "He's older, he should know what he wants and be over playing game." Sooo wrong.  This guy is freaking Houdini. In fact, we'll call him Houdini for the purpose of this blog.  He first appeared in about October.  After our first date he seemed VERY into me, and so the next week I went to his house and he made dinner.  Then we planned for him to come to my house, and he didn't show up because HE FELL ASLEEP.  Seriously.  Then he disappeared for about three weeks.  Around Thanksgiving he resurfaced.  Calling all the time, texting and what not.  Then he disappears again.  So I get back from Christmas break, and here he is again blowing up my facebook chat.  I told him that we could be friends, but I wasn't interested in dating someone who clearly wasn't that interested in me.  He apologized and made a bunch of excuses for his inattention and whatever.  Stupid me believed the jerk and agreed to go out again.  We hang out, then he disappears for two weeks.  When he finally contacts me it's on facebook.  I told him I was over it and not to talk to me anymore.

Then I went out with "guy who totally doesn't look like his picture."  He was nice enough, and even reads National Review, but no attraction at all.  Bummer.  Then I want out with Future Novelist of America.  He even showed up in a slightly wrinkled oxford shirt.  He's a masters student as well studying literature and writing.  He was interesting and we argued about the merits of Kafka (he loves him, I hate him), had a great dinner and nice walk downtown.  But his communication is ridiculous, totally random and not of the calling variety (meaning a random text or IM).  Really?  Is this how we date these days?  So I'm taking a break from dating I think.  I need to focus on school and start writing my thesis anyway.

I also need to focus on the gym.  I just started working with a trainer!!  My goal is to lose 15 lbs by April.  Wish me luck!!


No comments: