Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Favortie Things

Every year Oprah does a show of her favorite things. Not that I'm as cool as Oprah, but I do try lots of beauty products and hair products. Sephora is one of my favorite places. So, don't waste your money sampling tons of different products. I'll tell you what I have tried and loved.



Hair
Ojon Products- Never have I tried a line of hair products that was so amazing. I have thick, coarse, wavy, long, dry, hard to manage hair. Most conditioners weigh my hair down with a waxy film, which left my hair looking dull. Somehow, Ojon products moisturize my hair, but leave it silky, shiny and healthy and easy to blow dry straight. I buy the Tawaka Ancient Tribal Rejuvenating Cleanser, the Tawaka Ancient Tribal Rejuvenating Conditioner, the Leave-In Glossing Cream, and the Hydrating Styling Cream.


I also like most of the products by Frederic Fekkai. I especially like the Wave Creating Spray, the Glossing Cream, and the Sheer Hold Hair Spray.


I also use Ojon Dry Shampoo since I don't wash my daily.



Skin


Philosophy has some great products. I love their Hope in a Tube, the Booster Serum, the Microdelivery Face Wash, and Purity cleanser. Also, The Present, philosphy's foundation primer is the best invention. You put it on under your foundation and it creates a flawless finish and helps your make up last all day.



The Oxygen Peel is really fun. You have little capsules, you mix the contents of them with water, and it turns to a gel. You smooth the gel on your face, then add another layer. The whole thing starts to create little bubbles. It's like a chemistry experiment on your face, and the result is glowing skin.

Make Up

Still gotta love MAC. Most everything there is great. I especially love their lip glosses. I just got NARS The Multiple, which is basically a cream blush and it's the best one I have ever used. Usually cream blushes break me out, this one doesn't, yet it gives the same color payoff of other cream blushes. I recently tried Buxom Lash by Bare Minerals and it's a great mascara if you like big, fat lashes. Bare Minerals also has great sparkly eye shadows. It's not much use to me here in the tundra known as Utah, but if you are going to wear a skirt use Sally Hansen Spray-on Panty Hose. I usually rub it in with a make up sponge to make it look natural. It's like foundation for your legs.

1 comment:

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

Buxom Lash!? I'm purchasing it because I love the name. Is is better than Bad Gal?