Monday, January 26, 2009

Life is like a Jane Austen Novel and other observations...

Living in Provo circa now is a bit like living in late 1700's England, as described by Jane Austen in her most popular novels.  A whirlwind of parties, social gatherings, intermingling love lives, a modern-day Mr. Darcy and one too many Mr. Collins's.  My Mr. Dacry took a while to grow on me.  A successful business man, well-travelled, and charming, I, like Elizabeth before me, thought he was horribly conceited and awfully full of himself.  I don't think I'm on his radar at all, but hopefully we'll cross paths again.  Where's Emma when you need a matchmaker??  If you didn't understand those references, you need to catch up on your Jane.

In pop culture news...I saw Bride Wars....twice.  It was good!  Maybe a little cheesy, but you know you're getting into that.  If you haven't seen this movie yet, you may need to re-examine your priorities. You'll probably see that you priorities are fine, and I'm a loser cause I saw it two times. Also, my favorite One Tree Hill alumnus in this movie.  His part is not NEARLY big enough, but his adorableness makes up for it.  Y-U-M-M-Y.


bryan-greenberg-picture-gallery-2.htm.jpg


  In March one of the most compelling shows to hit TV will be returning with an all new drama filled season.  Keeping Up with the Kardashians.  The back-stabbing and jealousy reach all time highs.  Just watch the trailer.



2 comments:

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

WHAT!? I heart the Kardashians. That crazy match making show is coming back as well, better get the Tivo all line up :)

Becky said...

I saw Bride Wars too and quite enjoyed it! My only requirement when I go to the movie is to be entertained and I was!