Wednesday, February 11, 2009


This video is just too funny! Gladys and I would be friends I think!!

I saw the movie "Taken" this weekend. Wow! It was so suspenseful I thought i might 
pee. Anyway, It was great!! It deals with the subject of human trafficking. Human 
trafficking is basically modern day slavery. There are an estimated 600,000 to 800,000 
humans trafficked every year. Usually, people are lured to another country on false 
pretenses of a job. Often they are asked for a down payment to secure their spot.  
Once they reach their destination, their papers and passports are taken and they are 
forced to work in horrible conditions. I have decided to focus one of my papers this 
semester on trafficking. I think this topic needs to be brought to light. It's a topic 
that is not often studied, because unlike other human rights issues, the victims are 
hostages and have no voice. This blog is a little random, but it was on my mind.




3 comments:

youngwomen said...

I loved that movie too! I want to read your paper when you finish it. Isn't Gladys the greatest?!

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

This kills me! I want to read your paper too, I think I'm going to see that movie this weekend, I'm already terrified!

Becky said...

I loved Taken! I thought I would die before it was over. The moral: DON"T MESS WITH A MAN'S DAUGHTER!!!